Friday, May 11, 2007

Roots

An inevtiable question that every Indian in the US faces at some point or the other is
"Do you want to go back to India? If so, when?"

It's a question with no easy answer. Somehow, there is an implicit assumption that if you've come to the US to study, then you have come here with the intention of settling here and making big bucks here. On the contrary, I think almost every Indian here wants to go back to India eventually (deep down in their hearts, they want to). But often, due to inertia, they just end up staying back in the US.
(An aspect that was dealt with very nicely in the movie "The Namesake")

When is a good time to return? Something to chew over.

4 comments:

NJ said...

didn't know you had started blogging again... seems I have some catching up to do...

chinar said...

when u have enough moolah (if thats important) or enough gyaan (if thats important). basically, whatever is important to u

H said...

China, although what u say sounds fairly simple, I'm sure there are plenty of people who forget about the big picture and just think about the short term. Anyway ...

Welc! NJ

Unknown said...

I think I am like a bird, wandered around but finally settled in a place I liked. I am going to stay here - and its Neither Moolah nor Gyan in my case.